Before hiring a care manager, it is the wise to interview the
company and ask questions. These are some suggested questions:
- What are your professional credentials?
- Can you provide me with references?
- Do you have a license in your profession?
- Are you a member of the National Association of
Professional Geriatric Care Managers?
- Who provides the services and who is their back-up?
- How long have you been in the business of providing care
- How do you handle emergencies?
- Does your company also provide home care services?
- How do you communicate information to family members?
- What are your fees? (These should be provided to the
consumer/responsible party in writing prior to services
- What are your payment methods?